The CYA Recreational Basketball program is open to all applicants regardless of skill level or place of residence. Winter basketball is open for grades 1-12 and spring basketball is open for grades 3-12.
- The 1st grade program is strictly instructional, emphasizing skill development and basic understanding of the game.
- In 2nd and 3rd grades, players are given the opportunity to test their skills in games that continue to focus more on instruction than competition. In 2nd grade scores are erased after each quarter of each game where as in winter 3rd grade program, the scores are erased after half time and end of game. (Note: no league standings are kept in 2nd and 3rd grades).
- The 4th through 12th grade house leagues are progressively competitive leagues, though with a great deal of emphasis placed on continuing skill development, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- Leagues in grades 2-8 will have a weekday practice and a weekend game.
- Grade 9 & 10 will have practices during the Winter season, 11th & 12th will have no practices.
- Spring leagues for 3-8 have the option of going to 2 games per week and no practices for the second half of the season.